Before
Boring! and needs.... Sand!
The fort really needs another coat of some stain, but that will be for another time. Too many projects!
But one day the kids came home from school and found a huge pile of sand in front of our house! We borrowed the Belnap's wheel barrel and went to town.
Char and Addy of course need a ride!
Oh, I know you remember your dad taking you on a ride in the wheel barrel. I certainly do! Only thing is that I don't ever remember wearing a tiara all the time. :)
I know you can hear her say...
Mom! Take a picture of me like this... like this.... like this.... I only included 2. :)
This is what was going on in the back yard.....
Chanting... Bury him! Bury him!!
Gabe is a totally good sport and you can tell he's not complaining at all. In fact, it may have been his idea.
After all the hard work, we have a fun huge sandbox!
There have been people and toys buried, rivers and canyons built, and destroyed, and constant sand dinners and treats formed. I think its a really fun place to hang out under the shade of the tree.
The teenagers even play pretend with the kids! I am holding on to these moments because I know they will soon pass when they will think its too cool to sit in the sandbox and talk to the kids in high pitched English accents. Sigh. Until then... lets get sandy!
Just for the record, this is Isabel and her best friend Tessa.
We love Tessa and she's pretty much our adopted daughter. :)
Bea and Char LOVE her!!!
Thanks Tessa!

No comments:
Post a Comment