Sunday, June 12, 2011

Garden Summer!

I am so totally proud of Chris. He is really doing an amazing job being a farmer on this tiny piece of land that we have in an ordinary neighborhood. He has figured out tons of good stuff and almost all of the plants are doing so well. (except the cucumbers, but I know he wont rest until he's figured it out!)

Some things that he's been doing in the yard have been: planting seedlings, compost delivered and deposited in the right beds, dozens of different vegis growing in the tiny yard, we made a cute pathway herb garden surrounded by strawberries, trimmed up all the bushes and grass, riped out old gross roses and planted new, killed all the bees, took out unwanted grass in areas that we don't want them, fertilized all the shrubs and trees with iron because of our stubborn soil is deficient in it, and then all the upkeep that comes along with it. We all have our chores and things that we do together. Its been a real blast being outside! I wonder why this California girl doesn't actually LIVE in California! :) I miss the sun and weather. :)

Things have come along way from these pictures, but I am not that far in my pictures and blogging. :)







And we're all working together! How fun!

No comments: