
We had a good day. I hope yours was too.
Chris said we should just be rebellious and go out to Chinese food on Thanksgiving, but I couldnt let it go that much. So, we had a ham instead. :) It was only us, so we didnt really need way too much food. I thought that Thanksgiving food could be spread out for all week.
Sunday is planned for the Sweet Yams. ;) I think one of my favorite things was putting the table together. Haha! I dont have like official holiday table settings, so I scrounge around with what I've got and come up with something. I think it looked pretty good considering. I couldnt do it without these way cool turkey place mats from Granny, Chris's mom! She did a set of 4 of these a few years ago for us. The silverware goes in the pocket on the feathers. ha! Fun! Thank You Again!!

The baby took a nap and it was Chris's turn to take the kids sledding. So, I spent the rest of the day in the kitchen! I made 2 pies, apple with a lattice top, and ginger pumpkin marang (which I am bummed I didnt take pictures of )and this spread. I miss my 2 ovens only on days like this.
The sledding was awesome they say. Iced over snow slush. The high for the day was 10 degrees. I am really glad we didnt make the trip to Brigham, just because of its icey conditions. Weather....
That evening we went joined our friends (2 other families) and played games and ate and ate pies and rolls. Yummy. Isabel did trivia questions for all the adults about Christopher Columbus and the Pilgrims. She likes to make sure she is involved. Fun. It was a good day.
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had fun! We missed you here but we'll make up for it in december! We all expressed being thankful for our family, even those who weren't here!
Post a Comment