This is silly, but I'll share anyway. :) I went to the ReStore (a place people donate building materials that they are done with after they use them or leftovers etc. Locals.. its off Eastland past Kimberly Road and only open Fri and Sat) I found a can of paint for $3 that had 1/3 can left of paint and I added some leftover paint that has been in my basement since we've bought the place, thinking it would lighten it up a bit. I just got more and more paint, thats it. :) I thought, OK, lets do this thing! (well, after Jessica came over and totally approved) I wasnt planning on really painting that day, but I didnt have much to do and the little girls just played all day. I painted and finished and put everything back together and didnt say anything to Chris until he saw it himself late one night after work, not knowing about the paint purchased or anything. This guy hates surprises, but he likes it! Fewww! I was prepared to totally do it over, but he likes it! YAY!
Gabe said, "Thanks mom for such a nice kitchen." Well that just got me choked up... hahah! (I am always on the verge of tears these days, so anything triggers it, and that did it! :) haha!) Chris actually is "Thankful its warm and cozy".
FYI! A dear friend told me to treat your oak builder cabinets like the color orange and go with it. As much as I want to paint my cabinets, I just cant do it all. (yep, I just said that)
Now for that gross light fixture and the backsplash..... I'll click my heals 3 times and wish I had more resources to do more stuff. :)
1 comment:
Looks great! Love it.
Happy Thanksgiving. :)
Post a Comment