Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'd like to blog please!

 I have to address my absence. I thought I would take the approach of catching up for like 2 days straight since I did not blog in the summer or anything yet have millions of photos. That never really happened. So, I will still post things that happened in the summer, but it will be like one of those bad movies that keeps you going back and forth from present to past and you are just supposed to keep track of it all. But, since this blog is really for me and my little family to have a scrapbook or journal of sorts, it is going to have to work for us. :)
I have been frankly sewing my tosh off!!! I am also coming up with a plan of how to be the mom and wife I want to be and the fashion designer that gets to do some creating and provide a bit of something for the family to live off of. I have been trying to finish orders and trying to get a few new Blessing dresses out and a few new Christmas dresses  and corduroy ruffle pants out all photographed with Jessica and posted on my shop. Time is against me and my plans, but then I have to remember there are only a few hours of each day. I have learned the hard way AGAIN that I can not do everything! My mother would tell me this very thing ever since I could remember and I am still learning it. Only took a few horrible migraines, a stomach flu for a day, a few times of the kids waking me up at the dinner table and many many more things to remind me once again that.... I can not do everything! Yikes!  What is that all about??

 I am happy to say that I am recovering from my Mid Life Crisis! That is pretty cool! I did not think I ever would, but here I am with a new focus to my life! :) YAY! I can not change some things and I am moving forward loving my life. Because it is a pretty awesome life I have! I never thought that a mid life crisis was real. But some are lucky and have one. Others get to have more. No matter what it is, I hope those other 30 somethings can learn from all their crisis! I have to Thank Heavenly Father and Prophet President Monson and the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Holy Bible and the Book of Mormon and of course my dear sweet husband Chris. If you ever have a question about your life. ANY question about your life. God really has given us answers and an instruction book! He wants us to ask Him questions! Look at Moses, he asked questions and pretty much said to God, I want to pretty much know everything, then I will be satisfied. Hahah. That guy was brave! I dont think he knew what he was getting into, but how awesome was that! And Joseph Smith! He saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with his own eyes because he asked a question! I do not know if we need that kind of response when we ask questions. BUT I do know that the cool thing is that we really really really do not need to look to the world for answers. EVERYTHING I mean every answer is in the scriptures and also told to us through prayer. Sometimes we have to do things for ourselves, and then see if it's the right thing and be willing to be corrected. That sucks, but it's true. The thing is that we have to LET God help us. I am understanding lots more and some stuff I dont and dont know if I ever will, but the thing is that I know where to find the answers and that right there gives me more peace than anything I could ever ask for. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

some people have to find out things for themselves ---others can learn from the people around them. glad you are finally finding out for yourself that you can't do everything. love you!

Jessica said...

I'm glad I have friends like you with super strengths and different views I can learn from.