So Happy Birthday to Me!!

I had a wonderful day on Friday, November 5th! AKA Leslie's Birthday!! Yep, it was that good. I just had one of those "happy soul" days. It was me, I am sure.
The kids had a day off school due to Parent/ Teacher conferences, so they were here to spend my day with me. I got to sleep in, bake what liked, sew and design 2 new blessing dresses, spend time with the kids playing Barbies, talked to Richy my brother on the phone for an hour, played in the leaves and acted silly. I did get after the kids a bit to get some chores done, but even that, I did with a great attitude! :) I dont know if all would agree, but I used my birthday to the fullest... "Because Its my Birthday! Thats Why!!"
Isabel noticed that this milk jug was EXTREMELY SPECIAL! :) So we saved it until Friday and they called me Milk Mommy all weekend. HAHA! That works in more ways then they realized. :) 
Chris brought home some beautiful flowers and I was given the best cards! The card from Chris of course made me cry. It seems that anything he writes speaks to my soul. I love that guy.
Then Chris took me to Outback on a date! Who doesn't like to go down under for some yummy steak? :) We actually dont like going to chain restaurants at all, but it seems like all the locals go out of business!! What is that all about! My favorite place was Pandoras and had a fireplace next to a brick wall and live music. All in the old part of town. sniff..

On the way home, we listened to this song... 1963 by Rachel Yamagata!!
I LOVE her voice! It was a perfect happy song that made my day just wonderful! I thought to myself.. I love having flowers in my hair! :)
But, we didn't really celebrate with the kids. And since I love to party... we did pizza and a movie night the Saturday night. We watched the first Superman, with Christopher Reeve. My choice of course since I had the Halloween costumes on my brain still. How can anyone not like that charismatic smile from Superman himself! :) hahah! It made me feel young. hha! Anyway, then we made brownies with every single candle we had in the house on them for me to blow out. SO fun! :) Birthdays with kids are super duper!

Then on Sunday, as Addy calls it the 3rd day of my birthday, we played Cranium Giggle Gear as a family. Gabe is deminstrating the mask he made and wore around the house. So fun hanging out with the kids being so silly. That happens more than just on my birthday weekend, but it counts on the list of fun things that made my birthday happy. 
The more spiritual side of my birthday was when we were doing scripture study as a family, as we do daily, but Sunday was somehow special. We were reading Alma 27 and about the people of now Ammon and how the people were (vs 27)"distinguished for their zeal toward God and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even to the end. " (vs.30) "they were a zealous and beloved people, a highly favored people of the Lord." Chris and I thought about that and discused that with each other and the kids the rest of the day and this morning too. I would love to be talked about like that in that way. And its totally possible! Wow! The Lord really does love us all! :)
2 comments:
It sounds like you had a fabulous birthdaysss! Way to milk it Les, I was an expert at that as a child, just ask my mom. 35 never looked lovlier.
Way to celebrate your birthday! Love ya, Leslie!
Post a Comment