Chris and I met at Ricks College. The college turned into BYU Idaho in 2001ish. haha. I dont exactly remember. We try to go back there to Rexburg, Idaho on occation. It brings back loads of memories of my time with Chris and also with my friends and family that I interacted with there. Its like a swarm of events memories in my brain as I walk through all the grounds of the campus. Many things have changed and have GROWN, but it's still amazing to feel all those things.
Now we have a reason to go to Ricks... I mean BYUI every summer together! Education week is an amazing event! We went in 2009. If you ever get to go, DO IT! It's like an EFY for grown ups! They actually do have youth classes for 14 to 18 and the youth have a dance and or activities too! I want to take Isabel and Tessa next year! That will be awesome for them! :)
I also got a feeling of urgency that there is no more room for error from my life and family! I have got to be the best I can be! :) How cool is that! It actually made me feel kinda panic-ish at first, but then I felt like... HOW COOL! I get to try to be the best I can be and become the person I know God wants me to be with all the things HE has given me! YAY!!
So, what I want to do (not sure if it will happen today or in a month... haha) is re-write my notes from the talks and classes I took. I think that will be super cool and I'll remember them even more.
But, I will start off by pictures....
WHAT! That was kinda totally fun to hear him say! So, I took a picture of us... looking into the sun. :)
Then, after this picture, I said he should do whatever he wants to do! If I am living some of my dreams, he should too! Crazy kid!
Parsley in the flower gardens. Love that! I did take a sprig and ate it right then and there. HA!
Now we have a reason to go to Ricks... I mean BYUI every summer together! Education week is an amazing event! We went in 2009. If you ever get to go, DO IT! It's like an EFY for grown ups! They actually do have youth classes for 14 to 18 and the youth have a dance and or activities too! I want to take Isabel and Tessa next year! That will be awesome for them! :)
WE COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT GRANNY!! THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR WATCHING THE KIDS FOR 4 DAYS!!!!
The thing I learned mostly was this..... The more I learn about the Gospel, The more I know, I know nothing about the Gospel! HA!! I also got a feeling of urgency that there is no more room for error from my life and family! I have got to be the best I can be! :) How cool is that! It actually made me feel kinda panic-ish at first, but then I felt like... HOW COOL! I get to try to be the best I can be and become the person I know God wants me to be with all the things HE has given me! YAY!!
So, what I want to do (not sure if it will happen today or in a month... haha) is re-write my notes from the talks and classes I took. I think that will be super cool and I'll remember them even more.
But, I will start off by pictures....
We found our Dorm Room!! YAY!!
This is us after driving in the 80 Toyota Corolla with no air conditioning!! HAHA! We had the windows down for our 3.5 hour trip. :) Chris washed out a fly in his hair when we got to the dorms. Funny.
We found some great little nooks in the gardens to eat breakfast in every morning.
When I see this picture, I think of... Yes, We like to make sure we are having fun! He's a good sport for posing for any time I need/ feel like him to. :)
Weeping willows are super duper!
Jessica, you should have Dan build you this garden. :)
Just some plants we want in our garden...
Vertical Planter that looked awesome. :) in the Benson Building.
Cool garden behind the Ricks Building....
YAY FOR ALOE!
Trees being trained and trimmed in these shapes... pretty cool! Also the several garden additions to make an artsy look. Fun.
Me and my terrible hair day... but it's proof we were there! :) I also wanted to keep this in here because right before I took this picture, Chris said.... " I should have been a Horticulture Major."WHAT! That was kinda totally fun to hear him say! So, I took a picture of us... looking into the sun. :)
Then, after this picture, I said he should do whatever he wants to do! If I am living some of my dreams, he should too! Crazy kid!
Parsley in the flower gardens. Love that! I did take a sprig and ate it right then and there. HA!
We Walked and Walked and Walked up and down those hills at BYU-I. It was also a nice 90* but the wind made it totally nice! :) My feet were a bit sore when we got home. I wish I could afford some great Birkenstocks or other supportive sandals. Why do I always love the expensive stuff? :)
The funny thing was I really did have a headache when we got home from all the classes we went to. It all requires so much thinking and pondering. It was exhausting. :)
2 comments:
Look how pretty it is there. I don't remember any of those gardens when we were there. Just lots of corn fields and open spaces. How fun that you got to go with Chris.
Nice that you got to go to Education Week! its so beautiful there!
Post a Comment