So, the other day it hit me like a ton of bricks... maybe I really am doing something right in the way I raise the kids! Oh, I should say WE, because Chris and I as a team are really the only way these little people are here in the first place. I have always just beat myself up at needing to do even more even better at my parenting. I know that Chris does this to some degree, but I can't speak for him right now. We are pretty laid back, but have guidelines that the family runs by. I know I am pretty free spirited and I know my kids certainly are as well. If you drive by the house and see 2 tan naked toddlers running around the front yard... dont be alarmed. HA! I try to keep them clothed and contained, but seriously... I am sidetracked.....Anyway... I was having one of those moments that I was talking to my sister Jo about child rearing and wondering if I should be doing something different. I suddenly thought of Isabel. I think this girl is like the best parts of Christmas Morning. She is awesome. I really enjoy being around her. I know that sounds weird coming from a mother, but any of you that have lots of kids and have older ones, totally understand what I am talking about. I want to be up late talking with her, she is funny, she is a good friend. She just is great. I could go on and on. I shaped this person. She came with her own stuff that I had nothing to do with, but I did something right! I know I have a long way to go with her as teenage hood has really just begun, but I will try to do my best and not let her down, or the other amazing 4 kids I have. I will try to be the best mom they can have! Oh Heck Yah! (Insert a Chris Cheer here!) (oh, you know what I am talking about if you've heard it. You are never the same again after! hahah!) Yay for getting to be parents and raising good people!!
No comments:
Post a Comment