I was at RS the other night and a wise and wonderful lady with kids my age said how much she really loved her daughters blogs and how they keep the distance between them and those that she loved seem shorter.
I am on Facebook and do lots of little blurps of what I am feeling or silly experiences. Maybe I should share a few things here too. But! This blog is also about the FAMILY vs. just me. Maybe I should have a blog of just me someday... but then I dont think people would read it... I talk too much anyway. :) ha! Plus, I dont think it would mean as much when you couldnt see all the facial expressions Ive got. THAT makes a difference! hahah! Chris has said for years I should have a TV show that just has me making facial expresions. Nice. Nobody would watch. haha!
SO!!! Here it goes...
Gabe shared a Book of Mormon with a kid in class a few weeks ago. He's so brave and a great example to me. Yes, it seems like there are school/religion issues, but I dont care about that. Way to go Gabe! He's also a straight A student.... well, except those few rebelious moments of homework, but he gets that from me. Dang it! :)
Isabel is totally sweet and putting Bea to bed every night for me. She likes to cuddle with her to the point that she falls asleep too. Isabel does a TON to be so sweet in the family. I told her the other day that she is really becoming a real teenager too. She said that she kinda feels left out in her group of friends because she is the oldest in her family vs. all her other friends are the middle or youngest in their families. I forgot about all the things kids worry about! I have to pay attention to that!
OH! The kids have found the movie maker on the computer.... yep, thats all I need to say!
Adeline... oh sweet addy! She is a handful and I look forward to seeing her everyday all at the same time. I acutally cant think of anything spacific right now, but oh, as you know, I will and I'll tell ya soon.
Beatrice seems like she is totally bored all the time! She is so super cute with me and the baby. Even if she lays all over the baby. But, its like she doesnt know what to do with herself. She likes preschool a lot and I love those days! But, if you could be addicted to a movie, She would be addicted to Barbie, Diamond Castle. Its always in the DVD player. ha! I dont know what to do with her somedays. Although, I do think she may be President of the USA at age 20. For various reasons. Spend some quality time with her, and you'll find out why I think so. :)
Charlotte (10mo) is a CHUNK! I dont know how she became so fat, but she is really gaining weight. ok, she loves food... that could be it. Its so fun, but it's a new experience for me. My babies are never fat. She is totally crawling great and she'll be walking in a few months I am sure. She is super smily and laughs at everyone. I had a friend watch her the other day and she said all she did was smile and laugh! YAY! I love to hear that! :)
I am on Facebook and do lots of little blurps of what I am feeling or silly experiences. Maybe I should share a few things here too. But! This blog is also about the FAMILY vs. just me. Maybe I should have a blog of just me someday... but then I dont think people would read it... I talk too much anyway. :) ha! Plus, I dont think it would mean as much when you couldnt see all the facial expressions Ive got. THAT makes a difference! hahah! Chris has said for years I should have a TV show that just has me making facial expresions. Nice. Nobody would watch. haha!
SO!!! Here it goes...
Gabe shared a Book of Mormon with a kid in class a few weeks ago. He's so brave and a great example to me. Yes, it seems like there are school/religion issues, but I dont care about that. Way to go Gabe! He's also a straight A student.... well, except those few rebelious moments of homework, but he gets that from me. Dang it! :)
Isabel is totally sweet and putting Bea to bed every night for me. She likes to cuddle with her to the point that she falls asleep too. Isabel does a TON to be so sweet in the family. I told her the other day that she is really becoming a real teenager too. She said that she kinda feels left out in her group of friends because she is the oldest in her family vs. all her other friends are the middle or youngest in their families. I forgot about all the things kids worry about! I have to pay attention to that!
OH! The kids have found the movie maker on the computer.... yep, thats all I need to say!
Adeline... oh sweet addy! She is a handful and I look forward to seeing her everyday all at the same time. I acutally cant think of anything spacific right now, but oh, as you know, I will and I'll tell ya soon.
Beatrice seems like she is totally bored all the time! She is so super cute with me and the baby. Even if she lays all over the baby. But, its like she doesnt know what to do with herself. She likes preschool a lot and I love those days! But, if you could be addicted to a movie, She would be addicted to Barbie, Diamond Castle. Its always in the DVD player. ha! I dont know what to do with her somedays. Although, I do think she may be President of the USA at age 20. For various reasons. Spend some quality time with her, and you'll find out why I think so. :)
Charlotte (10mo) is a CHUNK! I dont know how she became so fat, but she is really gaining weight. ok, she loves food... that could be it. Its so fun, but it's a new experience for me. My babies are never fat. She is totally crawling great and she'll be walking in a few months I am sure. She is super smily and laughs at everyone. I had a friend watch her the other day and she said all she did was smile and laugh! YAY! I love to hear that! :)
Here she is...

Chris and I run everynight for a little bit. Its getting really cold and its starting to give me brain freezes. haha! serious. ha! Its been really fun to spend time with him in an active way. (He has lost 50lbs in the past few months. And I wear size8 jeans, but I dont think it counts because they have some stretch and they are Levis. but size 8 sounds fun!) He jokes that I push him to the limits. Well, that is not a joke, but with excersize, it may be. We come home and he does his pullups and I watch him. Then I always try and then can never do even one and I laugh to death about that. That just never is good for the muscles to try to work when youre in stitches on the floor. I am waiting for that to get old. I'll let you know when it does. Chris says its weird that I hold Charlotte who is almost 20lbs everyday and he cant hold her for too long. Just a mom thing. But I still cant do any pullups and he does like 50 in a row. He might be a show off though. :) jk. We stay up reading scriptures and read the stack of books by our bed people have recently given to us or that we have found. Then we talk about things that have been on our minds through the day. Chris keeps a little notebook with him to write down his thoughts in the day. I dont think we've ever actually spent this kind of time together in our entire marriage. Sounds kinda sad, but true. I hope we can make these things habbits. The TV goes on occationally at night, but its rare. Wierd and I love it. I am trying to cook better for him and do service for him more and he is trying to listen to me and spend quality time with me more. We still have days that are really hard and its nothing I can write about but, that is where the old saying comes to mind... "Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something". Ahh, the wonderful things we have learned from The Princess Bride. Most of all, Its been really nice getting to know someone I already know. Marriage is a strange thing. I know we will be better, we have to be.
4 comments:
I Loved all the things you wrote here. and the picture of you and Charlotte!!! you are both so beautiful. love you and miss you.
I LOVED this post! Thank you for sharing some great ideas. It's so easy to just let life pass us by- we need to make the best of it. Your family is adorable and I love all the pics you posted! Keep up on the pull ups...I wanna see a post with a picture when you get all GI Jane. Nice job:) If you want to link to my blog, my address is www.mykidsarecuter.blogspot.com
I haven't updated it for a very long time but I thought you might like to take a peek.
:) Annie.
You look so good Leslie! I am impressed you run every night. I am looking forward to my 9 yr old Isabel being able to babysit so I can go run outside. They treadmill is a little boring sometimes. I think I remember running through Rexburg with you freezing our hineys off.
Thanks Aunt Kathy for all you said too! The picture of Charlotte and I.... I had to photoshop some cleavage out of that hahahahaha!
To my new friend Annie, Thank you for being a wonderful listener and example. You have helped more than you can know. Thank you. I loved checking out your blog. Your family is super cute too!! :)
Sarah! Oh gosh have our families grown! :) I checked out your blog too and yep, Isabel will be old enough before you know it! :) Its strange really. And a bunch of California girls running in Rexburg... yikes! We really did freeze!! Oh those were some fun times! Love ya!
Post a Comment