Disclaimer: This may not be funny to you, but I think it's still funny, so that's why I write it here.
Chris and I were coming home from a date (Sushi! YAY for Sushi! I love the stuff now. I tried the right combos and started loving it! :) Chris is ecstatic!) and we were getting out of the car. Chris stopped me and said he needed to talk first. I stopped and looked at him sincerely. He looked into my eyes and said with the calmest, most sincere voice, "Leslie, I wanted to tell you something important that you need to hear. You don't have unlimited time and you can't do everything."
I BURST out laughing. One of those Julia Roberts laughs that brings tears to your eyes, an ache in your side and no sign of ending. After laughing for a good few mins and finally looked up back to him to see he was relived I did not take the news badly. He kinda helped me into the house because I was laughing so hard I could barely walk. The girls and Gabe heard my nutzo laughter and came running to see what was so funny. Through my laughter I told them what daddy said. Gabe looked at me really weird and said with a straight face, "I don't get it." Isabel said, "What do you mean? She can do everything!" All the girls chimed in and agreed with Iz. Now I was really laughing worrying I would pee my pants.
Chris said, "Look around Gabe! See all this. Take a good look and learn from this right now! This is how girls, especially these girls (being raised by your mom) feel about "everything". Guys just dont think the same way as girls!" We were all laughing now. It was fun to have that "teaching" moment. I think my kids think I am a weird mom, but now I have more things they can tell their therapist when they are older. :) HA!
YAY for trying to do everything and always wishing there was more time in one day to do it all in! :)
Which reminds me... I need to start preserving apples for the year asap.
Chris and I were coming home from a date (Sushi! YAY for Sushi! I love the stuff now. I tried the right combos and started loving it! :) Chris is ecstatic!) and we were getting out of the car. Chris stopped me and said he needed to talk first. I stopped and looked at him sincerely. He looked into my eyes and said with the calmest, most sincere voice, "Leslie, I wanted to tell you something important that you need to hear. You don't have unlimited time and you can't do everything."
I BURST out laughing. One of those Julia Roberts laughs that brings tears to your eyes, an ache in your side and no sign of ending. After laughing for a good few mins and finally looked up back to him to see he was relived I did not take the news badly. He kinda helped me into the house because I was laughing so hard I could barely walk. The girls and Gabe heard my nutzo laughter and came running to see what was so funny. Through my laughter I told them what daddy said. Gabe looked at me really weird and said with a straight face, "I don't get it." Isabel said, "What do you mean? She can do everything!" All the girls chimed in and agreed with Iz. Now I was really laughing worrying I would pee my pants.
Chris said, "Look around Gabe! See all this. Take a good look and learn from this right now! This is how girls, especially these girls (being raised by your mom) feel about "everything". Guys just dont think the same way as girls!" We were all laughing now. It was fun to have that "teaching" moment. I think my kids think I am a weird mom, but now I have more things they can tell their therapist when they are older. :) HA!
YAY for trying to do everything and always wishing there was more time in one day to do it all in! :)
Which reminds me... I need to start preserving apples for the year asap.
Ahhh Shoot!! I found this and obviously a girl made this sign, but I am positive a guy said it. :) It might be true.
Might!

No comments:
Post a Comment