Thursday, April 14, 2011

Aladdin Play

          The kid's go to a charter school. Its a great school. They put on a play each year, split up in grades. There are 2 classes each grade, so there is about 50 kids on the stage. It is pretty fun. I don't know how to take pictures inside, so all my photos are always awful, but I include a few anyway.



          Gabe's class was Tuesday night. He didn't tell us that he had a part. Not huge, but a part. When I sat down and looked at the program, I saw his name. hahah. He was one of the princes that Jasmine rejects. So, the play starts and no sign of him. Then, its the princes part. He suddenly appears dancing! Practically break dancing... the crowd and the kids on stage LOVE it! Hahaha! It was sooo fun!

          THEN, when there is only 2 characters on stage... I see BEATRICE running across the stage in the very back. WHAT! I jump up and go get her. The crowd was obviously laughing, but really....YIKES! That is my life. See, Isabel and Tessa were 2 rows up from me and wanting to hold Bea and Char and I am sitting by myself. Bea got down and they thought she came to me. It was one of those... "I thought you had her" moments. I asked Bea what she was doing and she said she saw the food on the stage and wanted some. Well, gosh, how do you argue with that. I found a snack in my purse for her and she was good. Jessica leans over to me and says... " looks like the Lherons are stealing the show!" Yep, everywhere we go actually.
Then in natural fashion, we lose Bea on the way out of the school. :) That was terrific, but somehow expected. She was found wanting to go outside on the play structure. Wow!!
 
Thanks Gabe for the fun play!

I cant wait to see what Isabel's Aladdin play holds for us tonight! Yeah!

No comments: