Monday, October 5, 2009

Snow and Conference

It snowed Sunday morning! Surprise! Well, we live in Idaho, so I shouldn't be surprised at all. You never know what you'll get around here.
The kids played outside any moment they could. I loved hanging out in my warm and cozy sweater and watching the kids from inside drinking warm herbal tea. ha! It was really fun.
The only thing I am not looking forward to is organizing all the STUFF that comes with cold weather! Shoes, boots, socks, slippers, scarfs, hats, jackets, snow suits, heavy coats, gloves and mittens. I like putting a few flip flops next to the door and call it good.
Farewell Summer! (maybe)
some of the photos are a bit cut off in the slideshow here, but its still cute! because my kids are in it of course!


I have no pictures of us watching Conference. You know the drill. Kids listening quietly and taking notes. Right! That will be the day! I cant even get Chris to do that! hahaha! They did pretty good. We played conference games including the classic M&M Bingo game. I think we ended up just using crayons to mark the bingo squares to get a "black out" because we ate all the M&Ms. Ha!
I think Saturday General Conference was very direct and gave specific instructions on Gospel Principles. All I know is that I think Conference was just for us. I got so much out of it. I am glad we had a chance to watch all of conference this year. Its always nice to be uplifted and instructed by the professionals.

2 comments:

granny said...

Looks like you guys are having just too much fun! I can't wait til I can get up there and spend some down time with you. Cuz...you know how I feel about the snow!
Big warm cuddly hugs for all, Mom/ Granny

chelswatts said...

SNOW!!! I am so thankful to live here in TX. I think I would have to shoot myself if I had to store/clean/organize/dry out snow clothes. Flip flops and tank tops year round, is about all I can handle. The kids DID look like they were having tons of fun though!!!!