I had a great day. Mostly.
Chris made my favorite breakfast for me, French Toast with real maple syrup. Yummy! You haven't lived until you have tasted his french toast. Come over sometime and I'll ask him to prove it to you. Oh, and I got to sleep in before he made it. I laughed as I got to listen to him figure out how to juggle the kids and making breakfast before I drifted off to sleep for a snooze.
Getting ready for church is always lots of fun. I don't know if you have this problem at your house, but it seems like everything is going well and you think... this time we are going to really have a good morning and get to church on time. UNTIL, Adeline walks in with just her tights and refuses to do anything else. LOTS OF FUN! After we figure out how to gently get the dress on her, she flips over the hairdo I do for her. LOTS OF FUN!! Adeline is just a gem. Then on the way out the door, Gabe says he cant find his shoes and belt that I saw 2 sec. ago that he laid out. Mysteries do happen, esp. on Sunday mornings. Anyway, we get to church and even get to sit in the back bench! Amazing! You all know you hope for that back row when you had a morning like we did! But, I know its Mother's Day and our ward is sooo nice and they give us Chocolates for our little gift. Thank Heavens!
Anyway, we had a great time at home with my kids presents for me from school...all pots of flowers (seeds currently). I got to snuggle with all the kids for a bit and they left me one by one to my nap. Then Chris makes me his amazing Steak Teryaki. It's like the best thing since TP! I swear! Chris makes everything from scratch and I love it. I cant have him home making me these things all the time. But, for one day... I'll dig in! So, I didnt have to cook at all!
The best part of Mother's Day for me is the fact that I got to spend it with my family. My kids were happy and they were so nice to me. HA! Chris was home and that is awesome! He always had to work on Sundays and I have had TONS of Mother's Days without him. His new job is so great and he doesnt work on Sunday, esp today I needed him here. I loved his company and just hanging out with him. LOVE IT!
I hope you all had a great day too.
Now, back to real life....
No comments:
Post a Comment