Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dino Days!


Man I'm slow. But, life just keeps going faster and faster.

SO, all of this happened in March. But, its defiantly noteworthy. HA!

Gabe's class focused on Dinosaurs for what seemed like forever. He had a great time! He made a little figure of a triceratops out of clay and made a few fossils. So, one day he walks into class and said, "Well, my grandpa is a paleontologist!" This news made his teacher extremely excited. So, my dad (Lee Parker) is a paleontologist and gr owning up he'd come around to our classrooms and do a little presentation with fossils and petrified wood and such old things. (he even would take us to the tide pools since we lived in near the ocean, but that is another story.) So! Grandpa Lee was coming through about the time when they were closing their Dino days in class. So he brought all his stuff and did a presentation for Gabe's class! HOW COOL!! So, these are some photos of all that. Just a note, I dont send Gabe to school with hair like this. I dont know what is going on with his hair. But, Gabe thinks it looks cool.
There you go!
I guess we'll first look at the visit with the Grandma and pa Parker...

Grandpa Lee and Adeline



Grandpa Lee and Beatrice



Grandma and pa Parker with the kids after school



Microscope shows a fly caught in a fossil.



This is our favorite one! Petrified Dung!

Coprolite is the technical term just so you know.

When I was a kid my dad would often say that, "this is more valuable than my children." That always helps a 4th grade self esteem! HAHAHA!








The awesome Dino footprint!



These are some pictures Grandpa Lee sent Gabe's class during the unit at school. It's his own personal collection of Dino footprints.

This first one looks like it's the one that sat in our foyer growning up.

2 comments:

angee said...

How cool!! I wish I had a relative who was a paleontologist!

Jackie said...

I haven't looked at your blog in forever, but I have to say this is pretty sweet!

Your dad is the best. :)