Thursday, February 10, 2011

Celebrate


You know how we are getting OLDer! Well, I never really feel like it. Then I notice that my body is getting older. I am a healthy and active girl, but some things I just cant change with my bod. I decided to embrace my flaws and just get to know the me that I have. That inspired me to get a few of my friends together and ask Jessica for all of us to do some pictures. She took ours with her awesome creative style and I took hers with her camera and enjoyed every second of being behind a "real" camera! My friends are stunningly beautiful. It was so fun! The nature of our pictures were... boudoir pictures... for our husbands... as a gift. :) But then I thought, this is part of enjoying who I am! Hey, I was inspired by my famous Grandma Adeline's alleged nude portrait that her sister painted of her. I think its amazing that she did that! What a hip lady! I haven't had my picture taken of just me on purpose, for me, for maybe 12 years. yikes. So, this picture is modest and I can put it up here on my blog and I think its beautiful. Yep, I said it. I think I look pretty good as a 35 year old wife and mom of 5 and that has recently gone crazy.

6 comments:

granny said...

I would have to agree, you go girl!

Jackie said...

You look beautiful! Great pic.

I'm so glad you brought up Grandma's risque picture... really fits her personality, don't you think? :)

Unknown said...

you are so beautiful! love you, leslie! (I had to look at the picture 3 times to realize it was you!)

Tracy said...

I would agree, you are beautiful!!

Grandma Lana said...

Your picture is beautiful!

Jessica said...

We were very brave! You are beautiful.